Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Night/Monday Morning 0023 3/4711

met majority of group, everyone seems cool, some people i know, some friends of friends, it seems as though we will get along pretty well.

initial reaction to Belgrade, would have been a beautiful city, breathtaking had I visited it 40 years ago, but now kinda old an haggard, found a bar with some of the other kids, wandered around a bit, food and drink is inexpensive, even compared to home (Milwaukee) prices. My very limited russian is helping me to atleast read the signs, figuring cognates and my weak russian vocabulary will get me through.

Im sniping wifi off of someone, if i sit next to the window, where there is a bed so thats pretty awesome.

as we still havent done anything really exciting or academic related, nothing to note on that front.

I finished Holbrookes To End A War, good read, gave me indepth look at US involvement in end of Bosnia crises, realize that Milosovic probably not get the recognition he deserved for contributing to the peace process, mind you, he was one of the antagonists, bit being that his "side" never really lost, his actions during the Dayton/post-dayton implementation times were integral to the end of the conflict, maybe the he should be looked upon a little more warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment